iPad explodes in Vodafone store, forces customers to evacuate — report

An iPad that was demoed at a Vodafone store in Australia burst into flames, according to a report.

A Vodafone store in Canberra, Australia was running an iPad demo model that caused a “burst of flames” earlier this week, according to a Vodafone spokesperson, speaking to News.com.au in an interview published on Friday. The iPad forced the store to evacuate customers, but no one was injured, according to the spokesperson.

According to News.com.au, after fire fighters entered the building, they discovered that sparks were coming from the iPad’s charging port.

It’s not clear what version of the iPad burst into flames.

CNET has contacted Apple and Vodafone for comment on the report. We will update this story when we have more information.

CNET News

About the Author

has written 52685 posts on this blog.

Write a Comment

Gravatars are small images that can show your personality. You can get your gravatar for free today!

Copyright © 2018 News Chit Chat. All rights reserved.
Proudly powered by WordPress. Developed by News Chit Chat